JHM Certified Public Accountants helps nonprofit and governmental entities in Chattanooga, TN, and beyond to walk the tight line between serving others and staying solvent.
As a trusted advisor to over 150 nonprofit organizations, JHM is proud of the long-term relationships we have maintained with not-for-profit clients throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.Broad Experience
As a valued partner we listen, advise and empower good organizations in their service to the community.
- City and county municipalities
- Governmental component units and quasi-governmental entities
- HUD and other low-income housing units
- Labor unions
- Churches and other faith-based organizations
- NFP hospitals and healthcare organizations
- Community service organizations
- Educational organizations
- Human and social service organizations
- Business and civic organizations
- Credit unions
JHM’s team of specialists understands the unique financial demands of nonprofit and governmental entities. Stricter regulatory environments, heightened public scrutiny, and an uncertain economic climate have necessitated lean operating policies and procedures. JHM can help.
- Financial statement audits, including the requirements of Government Auditing Standards and OMB Circular A-133
- Federal 990/990-T information returns and other required governmental forms
- Development of governance policies
- Development and improvement of internal control policies
- 401(k) and 403(b) retirement plan audits and Federal compliance return preparation
- Agreed-upon procedures engagements
- Cost report preparation
- Recruiting and screening of financial associates
- Applications for tax-exempt status
- Fraud investigations
- Consulting on unrelated business income
- Budgeting assistance
- Software implementation
- Bookkeeping support
As a member of the Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) of the American Institute of CPAs, JHM has continually demonstrated its expertise in quality governmental audits, and provides its clients with comprehensive resources and tools.
Call JHM’s expert Nonprofit and Governmental Team today and let us begin serving together.